I had my 36 week sonogram today and Geoff and Ellery (and Ellery's "baby" doll - her new must have) came along! For a second Ellery thought that we were at the doctor for her and she was whimpering :( Geoff held her on his lap and kept pointing to the screen telling her to look at her baby sister! However, she was too busy staring at what the sonogram technician was doing to my belly. Even if she was looking at the screen she couldn't have seen much! Madeline is already head down and facing the back, so we have no shots of her face. We were able to confirm that it is a girl! She is measuring at 6 pounds 5 ounces. My amniotic fluid is at a level 9 so the doctor wants to keep an eye on that. She said to chug lots of water! Which means lots of bathroom breaks at work.
Geoff and Ellery left right after the sonogram but I had to stay and see Dr. Gautreau. I was shocked to find out that my cervix is thinning but I am not dilated! I thought for sure I would be dilated because I have been feeling contractions and pressure on my pelvis. My doctor said we don't want to be dilated yet! She said I will probably mirror Ellery's birth which means baby Madeline will likely not come early. I want her to come a week early because I am ready, but if she waits then we can attend Anna's high school graduation! It will be a last minute decision. Anything can happen!
As I was leaving the hospital, Geoff called and told me to go back inside because there was a tornado warning and he didn't want me driving. So I went back in and took care of our hospital registration. I was stuck there until 10:30 while worrying about Geoff at work and Ellery at school!
Dr. Gautreau instructed me to pack my hospital bag and get the infant car seat bases in the cars! I cannot believe it is already that time! I need to refresh my memory on the EASY (Eat, Activity, Sleep, You Time) method for infant schedules! I vaguely remember Ellery's schedule during her first 12 weeks. One difference with Madeline is that she will start daycare at 12 weeks, while Kelsey was able to nanny Ellery at home until she was 1! I'm trying to view this as a positive. Madeline won't have to adjust or transition like Ellery did once she becomes aware that we drop her off at school. It will be a totally different experience.
3 weeks and 6 days until we are due to be a family of 4!
No comments:
Post a Comment