Tuesday, May 5, 2015

37 Weeks

Our 37 week doctor visit has come and gone! Madeline's heart rate was at 168! Dr. Gautreau asked if I had caffeine before the visit. I said no, but I did have a box of chocolates (yes, the whole box) around noon. I bought them from a lady selling them at work and I could not put the box down. Dr. Gautreau said that could be it! Or it could be because at 37 weeks the baby's heart will beat faster when she is active in the womb, which she is all of the time! I truly feel like she is trying to kick through my stomach and escape.

I am half a centimeter dilated, which is not as far as I was with Ellery at 37 weeks. I think Madeline plans to take her sweet time.

I did find out that I tested positive for Group B Strep. It is a bacteria that can be found on the mother's skin "down there." If not treated during labor it could spread to the baby and cause respiratory infections or meningitis. According to Dr. Gautreau she will simply give me an antibiotic through my IV during labor and this will prevent it from spreading to Madeline. Apparently some of my friends have tested positive and all of their babies were fine, so I am not too concerned. So says the worrier who couldn't sleep last night because of the "what ifs".

I packed Madeline's bag and my bag for the hospital last night. I forgot how tiny newborn socks are! Geoff thinks it is a little premature to be packing our bags, but I won't be the one in a mad dash trying to pack my bag when it is time to leave for the hospital! Who am I kidding? I probably WILL be the one packing his bag right after my water breaks.

My goal is to make my sister Anna's high school graduation in Lake Charles on May 12. Madeline is welcome to make her debut any time after that :)

No comments: