Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend and Packing our Hospital Bag

3 day weekends are the best! I feel like more people would be ok with going to work on a Tuesday rather than a Monday every week. We got so much done this Memorial Day weekend. It's hard to believe that this time last year was our last weekend as Chicago residents. Geoff and I went to Target and Babies R Us on Saturday to finish getting what we needed off of our registry. I tried to make the shopping time as efficient and speedy as possible to keep Geoff from getting antsy and therefore rushing me. See, I already have practice for a child ;) We bought Dreft and washed all of her clothes, blankets, sheets and towels. Geoff left for Dallas on Sunday so I had all day Sunday and Monday to do Ellery prepping. I hung pictures and put together her swing, bouncersound machine and baby monitor. I plan to see how she responds to the swing and bouncer before putting the MamaRoo together. As soon as the birdy mobile arrives and is hung I will post pictures of her room! I began packing our hospital bag, which is hard to do so early in advance! Thanks to my friends Maggie Layrisson and Lori Hale, I know that I need the following:

For Mom:
  • Razor
  • Contact Solution
  • Extra pair of contacts
  • Glasses
  • Chapstick
  • Brush
  • Hair ties
  • Something to go home in (maxi dress, legging and over sized tshirt, etc.)
  • Outfit for visitors (cute PJs and robe)
  • Flip flops
  • Socks
  • Nursing Bra
  • Nursing Pads
  • Lanolin
  • Granny Panties (yep)
For Dad:
  • Pillow
  • Blanket
  • PJs (its cold in the hospital, so just boxers won't cut it)
  • 2 pairs of clothes
  • Snacks (lucky him...I can't eat once I'm in labor)
  • Change for vending machine
For Mom and Dad:
  • iPad
  • Phone chargers
  • Camera and charger
  • Entertainment (magazines, cards, etc.)
  • Travel Sizes of:
    • Shampoo
    • Conditioner
    • Soap/Body Wash
    • Toothpaste
    • Toothbrush
    • Lotion
For Ellery:
  • Boppy
  • Outfit to go home in
  • Socks and mittens (if outfit doesn't fold over hands)
  • Burp clothes
  • Pacifier
  • Blanket for car ride home
  • Baby book
  • Car seat in car 
We'll see how many bags we actually bring. I've always been known to be an over packer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely think you're ready! :) Love you and hope to see you soon.
Love, Mom