We (Ellery and I) had our 29 week check up today! The check ups will be every other week from now until 36 weeks. Ellery's heartbeat was at 152 and my fundal height is measuring right at 29 centimeters. Dr. Gautreau says that she is vertically upside down and is unlikely to turn! It seems that Ellery already has common sense and listens well. If I apply slight pressure to my stomach I can feel where her head and bottom are so I know if she is kicking or punching me, depending on the area. My weight gain is right on track, which is surprising considering how much food I shoveled down last weekend at the French Quarter Festival in New Orleans. We talked about my mid-back pain and she told me that my husband should put heat strips on my back and massage me every night. You hear that Geoff?! Get ready for close to 74 nights (10.5 weeks) of hand cramps. She also recommended a belly support band (this one or that one, for example) to ease the back pain since it only gets worse towards the end. I'm not completely sold on adding another layer under my clothes during the Louisiana summer. I'll just play the discomfort by ear. Hopefully all of these generous upcoming daily massages will help. If slight back pain is all I have to complain about, I'm a pretty lucky girl.
FQF 2013 (April 14)...I swear Geoff was happy to be there!

1 comment:
I'm so happy and thankful that everything is going so well...except for the back pain and I'm sure Geoff will help you out with that. ;) Only 10 weeks to go, it is going by so fast!!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment