Thursday, April 25, 2013

People and Their Opinions

This week has been a rough ride. It started Saturday when I noticed that my nipples were leaking colostrum. Yep, I said it. I seriously doubt any boys read this blog anyway. I knew it was coming, but it seriously shocked me. I gasped and couldn't speak for a few minutes while I stared wide eyed at Geoff with my hand covering my mouth. He didn't even have to ask. He knew what was happening and got very quite. I guess you could say it was a reality check. 

As if Mondays aren't bad enough, a woman who works at my company decided to TOUCH MY FACE in the bathroom and say "You really should stay out of the sun. Your complexion looks bad." Here I thought I would need to be on the defense from excessive belly touching, but face blocking in a public bathroom hadn't occurred to me! First of all, she better have washed her hands. Second, I had to explain to her that I had terrible skin the first trimester and I went to the dermatologist and that I know about chloasma blah blah blah. I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt because she is from Honduras and there must be some cultural divide on boundaries. It's ok, I'm laughing now.

Moving into the week, Ellery has decided to spend a lot of time under my rib. I hope she is comfortable in there! People at work just love to say things like "Wow you've doubled in size since yesterday!" or "You're getting so wide! She must need more room in there!" Last but not least, lets just say that hemorrhoids are known to occur during pregnancy and husbands are angels for going to Walgreens and asking the clerk where he can find the off-brand Preparation H (we're saving money!).

10 more weeks to go! Ellery, we love you and we know you are worth it.

No comments: