Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Clothes Hoarder

I'm patting myself on the back for being a clothes hoarder. It's funny what you will consider wearing when you're desperate. I am wearing dresses and shirts that I haven't touched in years! Whatever works.

I finally bought some maternity pieces and I'm super excited about them (as excited as one can be about wearing clothing with extra stretchy material). Wait, after saying that out loud it sounds so comfy! Which is the goal here. Anyway,  my friend Emily Bolian (who is due very very soon with a Mardi Gras king cake baby in early February!) recommended the dress below from Old Navy. This maxi dress is made of stretchy jersey material and has ruching on the sides for a comfortable fit to grow into.





I have been told, and it is true, that Gap, Old Navy and Target have cute maternity pieces that are reasonably priced and actually cute! I found a denim tunic from Old Navy to wear casually during the spring and summer and a black swoop neck dress from Gap to wear to work. The black dress will definitely need to be hemmed. I may be pregnant, but I'm still 30 and flirty right?!






My action plan is to find staple pieces and then add fun cardigans, scarves and leggings that I already own to change the entire outfit. This will definitely save the bank account and ease my anxiety over spending money on items that I won't wear for long. Also, my friend Lori Hale offered to let me borrow her maternity clothes! We are picking them up this weekend. I'm so incredibly thankful, for so many reasons, that I have friends who went through this before me.

Now on to finding a swim suit. No way this ends well.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the denim tunic!
Love, Mom