Sunday, January 27, 2013

Golfing

We had amazing weather this weekend. The sun was out and it was warm enough to lay out! I couldn't get enough of the sun on my face (Possible pregnancy acne eraser? We shall see!). Geoff and Brian Barr played golf on Saturday and I got to tag along as the designated golf cart driver/magazine reader. About half way though the front 9 I started feeling terrible pains in my lower left abdomen. It's not like I can pinpoint hurting organs and I'm the worst at describing pain. But it definitely felt like my uterus was throbbing. Everything I'm experiencing with my body is a personal new adventure so I'm not the best at gaging the seriousness of anything. So naturally I called the on call doctor at Woman's Hospital. He was super helpful and asked a lot of questions. In the end, apparently I am experiencing round ligament pain. Some throbbing and pressure in the lower abdomen is normal during the second trimester because my uterus is expanding. How lovely! He prescribed lots of rest and staying off of my feet for the rest of the weekend. Which means that Geoff is now my slave until I feel better. There is nothing else he would rather be doing than filling up my water, charging my phone and letting Norman in and out of the house 10 times or more a day! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh!Watch out Geoff, she still has 6 months to go! No, I'm just kidding. It's a good thing you are so in-tune with your body. We want a healthy mom and baby! Take good care of yourself!!
Love you,
Mom