Since I failed my first gestational diabetes screening during my pregnancy with Ellery, I thought for sure the same would happen this time. But as they say, all pregnancies are different. I passed the screening on my first try! What a relief because I was starving and ready to treat myself to a smoothie. My iron was a little low so Dr. Gautreau prescribed an iron supplement to take with my prenatal vitamins.
Baby's heart beat was at 142 this morning and she is laying side ways in my belly. I told Dr. Gautreau that the third trimester symptoms are creeping in - insomnia, nausea and just being uncomfortable. She said I could treat my nausea with pepsid or tums because nausea in the third trimester is usually caused by acid reflux. She asked if my insomnia was because of the baby or stress. I'm sure it is a little of both!
We have been to so many doctor appointments with Ellery these past two months and last Friday she was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis by Dr. Gedalia (pediatric rheumatologist). So we have many more appointments in our future (PT, OT, Eye Doctor, follow ups with Dr. Gedalia and Dr. Kelleher). Ellery had tubes put in her ears and her adenoids removed on Monday so hopefully that will help her to stay healthy so we can concentrate on healing her JRA! She will be on steroids for a while and then Dr. Gedalia will decide where to go from there. We pray that this is a short story for Ellery and that it goes away! Dr. Gautreau recommended that I ask if there was a chance that Baby M could develop the same autoimmune disorder. Please say the answer is no!
We will be in Palm Springs this coming week with the Morthlands so hopefully we will get the relaxation that we need and be ready to tackle JRA when we get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment