Thursday, June 27, 2013

We had our 39 week check up today! Even though I am super uncomfortable and ready for her to come out, I'm so thankful to be able to say that I am full term. I am 2 centimeters dilated and almost fully effaced. My doctor would like to see Ellery's head drop a little bit lower into the birth canal before she induces (if she has to). I will go back for a sonogram on July 3 (my actual due date) to check on my fluids. If they are low, she wants to induce on July 4. If my fluids are ok we will induce on July 8. I REALLY want her to come on her own and chose her own birthday. But it is exciting to know that we will be a family of 4 (I will always include Norman in the count, people) by July 8 at the latest!

I took a few maternity pictures 2 weeks ago. I wasn't planning on taking them, but they came with Ellery's newborn picture session. Thankfully for everyone, I insisted on being fully clothed the entire time. I do have swollen face in a few, but I think they turned out ok! I got the black maxi dress last minute from Target. Black is definitely maternity friendly.

No comments: