Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Running Out of Room and Clothes

39 weeks is no joke. If I sit on the ground, no way am I getting up unassisted. I wake up (if I ever actually fall asleep) with my hands swollen and numb and can barely bend my fingers. Ellery is running out of room in there and looks like an alien trying to escape her cocoon. My stomach has never itched more. I scratched it so much last week that I bruised it! I am down to about 3 solid comfortable outfits to wear. I started walking the neighborhood and bouncing on my exercise ball which supposedly expands your pelvis and encourages labor. I AM JUST SO READY to have this baby. If one more person asks me if I'm ready, I may scream. Yes, obviously I'm ready. And is there ANYTHING else besides my pregnancy to talk about around here? Oh, and my hormones are raging :)

Here are just a few "funny" things that I have heard in the last few days and weeks:
  • "You still haven't had that baby yet?" - If I was on my game, I would respond with "I had her last week, why?"
  • "Look at you!!"
  • "Oh my gosh you don't even look pregnant from the back! But then you turn around..." - I never DIDN'T want to look pregnant from the back. Why is this THE thing to say?
  • "Your face is fatter! That means you are ready!" - Good to know.
  • "Girl! You just like that white girl with blonde hair who sells them shoes. She's been pregnant forever." - I later figured out she was talking about Jessica Simpson.
  • "It's getting close!" - How would you know? Are you some expert or psychic?
Cravings:
  • ice
  • cake batter
  • watermelon
  • cantaloupe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, not much longer now! I saw you this weekend and I thought you looked wonderful. I know these last few weeks are the hardest...I remember. But when you see Ellery's precious face it will all be so worth it, and all of the difficulties will be but a memory. I love you sweet girl.
Love, Mom