We had our 38 week check up today. We saw Dr. Charles Lawler because Dr. Gautreau is on vacation this week. I was hesitant about seeing a guy doctor. By now its nearly impossible to keep "down there" landscaped as it normally would be and for some reason that is all I could think about! I've tried using a mirror in the shower but it just fogs up and is no help. Once I met Dr. Lawler I completely forgot about all of that. He turned out to be SUCH a nice guy. He was gentle and talked to me the entire time. He predicted that I will deliver next weekend, which happens to be Geoff's birthday weekend! If that's the case, then Geoff will never really have a birthday again :( BUT it could be the best birthday gift he ever receives!
I am still 1 centimeter dilated and we didn't talk about effacement. Well, if we did I wasn't paying attention because he also told me that Ellery will weigh in the high 7's or low 8's (pounds). My heart skipped a beat. What happened to this "small" baby that my doctor was predicting a few weeks ago?! My mom had all 6 pound babies and I'm about her size so that is what I was expecting! But Geoff is pretty tall so I guess it makes sense. No matter what, I'm super nervous about something that size coming out of something NOT that size. But people do it all over the world and have been doing it from the beginning of time. So I will just have to man up.
Ellery's heartbeat was about 150 and she was moving all around to show off for the new doctor. She is still head down and continues to drop into the birth canal. I had predicted that she would come June 23 because not only is it a full moon, but its the Super Moon. We'll see! For now it is just a waiting game!
No comments:
Post a Comment