Thursday, May 2, 2013

31 Weeks and Doc Advice

We had our 31 week check up today and I came prepared with questions: How accurate is the gender sonogram? Are we sure its a girl? I don't think the name Ellery suits a boy and she already has monogrammed dresses and girly bedding. Is it normal to be gaining a pound a week?! As long as she is growing as she needs to then I'm ok with the weight gain, although seeing those numbers on the scale is slightly alarming! I want her to stay in me as long as she needs to, but no longer than 41 weeks. Can we make sure of this?

Dr. Gautreau always has the answers. She completely trusts her sonogram technician who has never been wrong. She also reviewed the sonogram pictures herself and could identify that the baby is a girl. It is completely normal at this stage to be gaining 1/2 a pound to 1 pound a week, especially if you don't gain much in the first and second trimester. A 25 pound weight gain is our goal, but a little bit over wouldn't be an issue. Woman's requires you to be 2 centimeters dilated before being induced, but as a standard rule Dr. Gautreau will not let her patients go over 41 weeks. She will also not stop labor after 35 weeks because the benefits outweigh the risks. Which means if she is coming early, then there is no stopping her! But as of now the due date is still July 3.

My fundal height is measuring at 30 centimeters, which means Ellery should be on the smaller side. Her heartbeat was at 152 and she is still upside down! She is such a wiggle worm. She knocked the heart beat monitor a couple of times. I hope we have an active tiny dancer on our hands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. I'll see you this evening. It's going to be fun!
Love you,
Mom