I failed my first 1 hour glucose screening! I fasted for about 11 hours and then had my blood drawn. That number was fine. Then I drank a sugar solution that tasted like a watered down orange popsicle. An hour later they pricked my finger. My blood needed to be under 140 and it was 141. So now I have to go back for a 3 hour glucose tolerance test next week where they will take my blood every hour! I thought I was doing great in the eating habit area. My diet really hasn't changed and I haven't gone crazy on ice cream and chocolate. Then my nurse told me that it's mostly genetic. My mom never had to take the test while pregnant with any of us so who knows if she was. After some research and talking to my nurse, a lot of people receive false positives for the first screening and then pass the second. Fingers crossed that I am one of those people! Gestational diabetes is no fun.
On a positive note, Ellery is doing great! Her heartbeat is right below my belly button which probably means she is upside down. However, she still has time to flip and by the way she moves in there I wouldn't be surprised if she did. Her heartbeat is strong and my fundal height is measuring at 26-27 centimeters, which is right on track for 27 weeks.
UPDATE: I passed the 3 hour glucose tolerance test today (4/10/13)! Actually, I passed the first 2 finger pricks and didn't have to take the third. So I am gestational diabetes free! I will celebrate tonight with a blizzard from DQ.
UPDATE: I passed the 3 hour glucose tolerance test today (4/10/13)! Actually, I passed the first 2 finger pricks and didn't have to take the third. So I am gestational diabetes free! I will celebrate tonight with a blizzard from DQ.
No comments:
Post a Comment