Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bitty is a Girl!

The Results Are In! (02/07/2013)

Sugar and spice and everything nice....Bitty is a GIRL! Always trust a mother's intuition! She weighs 10oz, has all 4 limbs and 20 digits and her vital organs are developing perfectly! We are so happy/relieved/excited! She had her legs crossed during the whole sonogram (Good girl! Keep those legs closed!) but the technician was able to get some shots from below. Geoff said "look its a boy!" and she said noooo its a girl. We were surprised to learn that during the sonogram, you can actually see the girl parts. It's not just determined from the absence of the boy parts. I cried and I asked Geoff if he was excited. He said "Are you kidding me?! Of course I'm excited. Wow we're going to have a daughter! She is going to be so spoiled." I told him that she is going to love her Dad so much.

Bitty's name is Ellery Frances Morthland. I fell for the name Ellery  when I saw the Ellery Round Crib from Baby and Child (pic below). Once I saw the name and said it out loud I knew it was THE ONE! Luckily Geoff agreed. It is unique and beautiful, just like Bitty! But I will need to come up with a better name story to tell her! Frances is my middle name and I have always loved it.


 


We had the name Samuel Brent for a boy, which I fully intend to use if we are ever blessed with a boy. I told Geoff that I am SO happy for a baby girl, but at the same time I felt like I have lost my Sam. I ended up getting attached to both names, as if there were actually 2 babies in there. Dr. Gautreau said "Sam will be here next year!" I said whoaaaa slow your roll.

Ellery is beautiful. She really is. We can already tell. Some of my favorite pictures are below. She is waiving to us in the first picture. Geoff said she could sense that she was being watched. And look at those lips in her third picture!  

Dad and Norman before heading to the doctor


Dad waiting on sonogram time


Bitty Boo Ellery









Little Hand


Little Foot


It's a Girl!




The Big Reveals (02/08/2013)

The Guidrys

My mom works at my dad's pharmacy on Fridays. I emailed Mandi Bebee about a month ago and told her my idea. Mandi, her sister Tara Bourgeois and my cousin Leslie Guidry (who all work at my dad's store) have been amazing with helping me put all of this together. Mandi found a box and wrapped it in silver paper. I made a sign that said "He or She? Open to See! Love, Geoff, Sara and Bitty M" and the box was filled with pink balloons. Mandi facetimed (is that a verb?) me so that I could watch my parents open the box. They opened the box and out came the pink balloons! My  mom yelled "It's a girl! I would have been happy with a boy too! Awww Ellery!" She apparently already saw some dresses that she wants to buy. Before opening the box my dad said "Do you like to play these games with us?!" He wanted to know yesterday! They both had the biggest smiles on their faces and immediately wanted to know when they could tell people and say something on facebook.



Watch them open the box! 
(they are looking to the left because they are talking to me on facetime)



The Morthlands

John and Corliss were in New Orleans from Friday until Monday for Mardi Gras! John rode in the Bacchus parade and we went to the Bacchus ball on Sunday night with Dave Davitt. We drove down to New Orleans after work on Friday. Kelsey and I made this iron on shirt for me to wear:


I asked the bellman to hold the camera while it was recording but to act like he was taking a picture. We told John and Corliss that we wanted to take a picture before we headed to dinner. While posing for the picture, Geoff said "You saw Sara's shirt?" Watch below for their reaction! 





I'm so thankful that we were table to get both set of parents' reactions on video!


No comments: