Random cravings to date:
- Trix cereal
- French bread and butter
The smell of any fried food makes me want to throw up.
Today is Anna Banana’s 16th birthday!
This past Wednesday (November 21) began the Thanksgiving holiday weekend! We flew into St. Louis. Corliss and Ally picked us up from the airport and we arrived in Hannibal around 12:30 am. I was so tired, but Geoff really wanted to tell everyone that night. So we all were sitting around the table and Geoff said “We have a great picture to show y’all that we took.” He brought the orange folder over to me. I opened the folder and said “We took this picture last week.” It was a copy of Bitty Boo’s first ultrasound. Corliss immediately starting crying! Ally was a little confused at first because she couldn’t tell what the picture was :) John was thrilled. I told Corliss I was a little disappointed in her reaction because I expected squeals!
The next day, we woke up early to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (my favorite). Geoff went to pick up Grandma Polly around 8:30 am. Pete, Betty, LeeAnn and a few other random people came over for dinner around noon. Geoff said the blessing and at the end he said “and we pray for Sara who is pregnant for our first child.” Everyone was very surprised and excited! Grandma Polly thought he was joking at first and kept apologizing for her lack of reaction.
I called my family and closest friends (Mia, Adrienne, Kayli, Melissa) to let them know. Then Geoff and I sent texts to all of our friends who didn’t already know (besides our Chicago friends because we wanted to tell them in person). My text said “Big bro Norm! Due July 3. No facebook yet please.” I sent a picture with the text of Geoff and I holding Norman in his giraffe Big Brother t-shirt.
We drove up to Chicago on Friday with Ally. We stayed with Erin and Zach Walsh. Erin immediately asked what I wanted to drink, and I said that I wasn’t drinking. She said “whyyyyy?” in a very skeptical yet excited tone. So we told them and they were excited for us. We then went to meet everyone at D4. As soon as we walked up to the table (Bogie Spruill, Joscelyn, John Renken and Kara were sitting there) Geoff said “Sara is pregnant.” Everyone thought he was joking. It’s not exactly how I wanted to tell everyone, but I guess that’s how he wanted to tell his friends! The rest of the weekend was so much fun! Jessica Bright and Scott Raiche had a Jewish/Christian celebration so we got to scream Mazel Tov and it was appropriate. The ceremony and the reception were at Salvage One. Such a cool venue. Sunday Geoff and I went shopping for Christmas presents on Michigan Ave. We stopped by Quartino for wine (for Geoff) and pizza. Ester Mellado and Matt Fiedler stopped by with their dog Wilco and we told them the good news! Later that night, we had dinner with Ester, Matt, Erin and Zach at Gilt Bar. A perfect ending to our Chicago visit (not that I am happy that the visit had to end, or that we were even visitors on the first place! God I miss our city). We left Chicago at 4am, skyline lit up in the dark, and I cried my eyes out!

No comments:
Post a Comment