Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Lillian Polly Morthland


They say the third delivery is the easiest, and this rang true for us! We were scheduled to check in for an induction on Wednesday, October 10th at 5am. 7.5 hours later we had a baby girl!

After we checked in at 5am and sat in the lobby for a bit, we were sent directly to our room. In the past we’ve had to sit in assessment for a couple of hours so we were excited to get straight to our room so Geoff could nap ;)

I got hooked up to all of the gadgets and was contracting by 6:30am! I had not realized that my first nurse Heidi had started the pitocin drip so at first I was very proud of myself for contracting all on my own. Ann, who would be my nurse for the rest of the time, asked us how long my other labors had been and we told her about 8/9 hours. She said let’s cut that in half. I loved her from the beginning!

She moved my position every hour and encouraged me to nap. At around 11am and at 4cm I told Ann it was time for the epidural. For a couple of hours i was considering going natural. The contractions are awful but I believe i could have managed those. It was the ring of fire that I feared! So, I caved. The epidural was...unpleasant. But the doctor did an excellent job. I couldn’t feel the contractions, the birth or the catheter and i can walk again now, so it was a success.

Ann went to lunch at 12:45pm and I kept telling Kelsey and Geoff that I could feel pressure. Ann came back around 1:40pm, checked me and I was at a 10! She said “you’re at a 10, close your legs and don’t push.” Dr. Gautreau asked if she needed to run and Ann said no but walk quickly! I started to cry, knowing this would be our last baby to deliver. I pushed 1.5 times and out came a perfect baby girl at 1:57pm.



We had Anna bring the girls back to meet the baby and find out the gender. Madeline said "a guuuurrrr!" and Ellery wanted to "pet" her. We put pink bows in their hair and off they want to tell everyone in the waiting room that it was a girl!

The hospital stay was short and sweet. We were home by Friday at 11am! However, we knew from the start that Lillian liked to eat and be held. Mama didn't sleep much in those first 48 hours, but don't worry. Daddy slept soundly for all of us!



Lillian Polly Morthland
7lbs 6oz 20 in














No comments: