Thursday, May 24, 2018

Round 3!

Here we are again, one more time. We are thrilled to be having a third baby due on October 9! Notice that I am 20 weeks and I did not say boy or girl. That is because we are not finding out this time! Let me back up.

2017 proved to NOT be the year of the 3rd Morthland baby. After a few miscarriages, specifically on January 28, 2018, Madeline came up to me, pointed to my belly and said "you have a baby in your belly, mom." I said "not right now, Mad" but I thought "babies are intuitive I should probably take a test." I bought a few tests and took one the next day. And it was positive! I called Dr. Gautreau and I went in for lab work to confirm the pregnancy. My HCG level was 110 and progesterone was 34 - all looked promising! I then had blood work done for two weeks to make sure my levels were increasing. The best part of being closely monitored was that beginning at 6 weeks, I had a sonogram every week up until 11 weeks! At 6 weeks, the sonogram confirmed implementation in my uterus, but there was not a fetal pole yet! From the beginning, everything about this pregnancy has been completely different from my other two.


6 weeks (2.08.18)

While this was going on, we told no one (Well that isn't true, I told my best friend Mia because she is pregnant too and we have the same due date!). I was too afraid to say it out loud or share the news. Geoff and I agreed to wait until 10-12 weeks to tell. At least that was the plan....

My parent's Mardi Gras Ball was February 3, which I was dreading because of the need to "fake drink" to prevent any questions. Our friend Paul came in town for a visit and came to the ball with us. We told him over dinner the night before the ball because I wasn't drinking wine and it was a little obvious. Well, Paul had a little to much fun with the bourbon the following night and decided to tell my sister Anna, who told my sister Kelsey. So at 4 weeks and change, three people knew.



Mardi Gras Ball


Weekly Sonograms


7 weeks (2.21.18)


8 weeks (2.28.18)


9 weeks (3.07.18)

My next fake drinking event was our friend Ben's wedding on March 10. I thought we did well, until weeks later Ben told me that Geoff spilled the news to him and most of the wedding party. My parents kept the girls for the weekend. When we picked the girls up in Lake Charles, I asked my mom how it went (she seemed exhausted). She said "I'm not sure I could handle more than 2!" which was the perfect set up for me to say "Well, looks like you're going to have to figure it out because one more is coming!"

Ben and Kristin's Wedding


10 week bump


After what seemed like forever, we were finally 11 weeks and headed to California, ready to share the news with the Morthlands!


11 weeks (3.22.18)

We ordered the girls "Big Sister" shirts for when we arrived in Palm Springs on March 27. Corliss noticed first. It took John a second to put it all together. It was hard to avoid posting pictures while we traveled! At 11 weeks, I was craving sour candy. I sent Geoff to the store a couple times for sour gummy worms.



April was a blur, and by May 1, I was really showing! I felt the baby's first kicks at 16 weeks and 5 days! We had told close friends and family, but people were beginning to give me looks and ASK IF I WAS PREGNANT! Luckily, I don't offend easily ;) At 16 weeks I was craving pickles and cheese-its. 


Bump at 17 weeks (May 1)



Bump at the Walk to Cure Arthritis (May 5)

I finally felt confident. The baby was moving more and more. Mother's Day Weekend seemed like the right time to let the world know that the Morthland Caboose was on its way!


"These girls are why I wake up (so early) in the morning, why I cry over 
mushy commercials and partly why I’m loosing my sanity. So let’s just
 add one more to the mix. Our caboose baby will join us in October!"

We had our 20 week anatomy scan on May 23. I thought for sure that one of us would cave and ask the gender, but we both stayed strong! Baby is developing beautifully and was moving around the whole time! I cannot believe that we are half way there. I'm beginning to nest, which I'm happy is happening early because the girls will be sharing a room. The sooner we initiate that and get them used to it, the better.



Baby at 20 weeks


20 week baby bump

That is my 20 week recap! I will blog for this baby, mostly for my memory's sake. I am loosing it after having these kids. But also, I wouldn't want this baby to feel left out. He or she was and is very much wanted and prayed for.


No comments: