Monday, May 11, 2015

Madeline's Room

Madeline's room is now complete! All we needed to do was hang the pictures on the wall. I was able to get that done while Geoff took Ellery with him to have the car's oil changed. Ellery still hasn't seen Madeline's room. I am giving her some time to get used to her big girl bed and forget about her crib. Hopefully the first time she see's her crib, Madeline will be in it and she will associate the crib with baby. She also hasn't missed the glider in her room, which is where we used to read books every night before bed. That surprises me! Ellery has been so sweet lately, hugging, patting and swaying with her baby and wrapping her in blankets. She also is very concerned that baby has "poopooed", so she prefers to leave her naked, which cracks me up. She brought a diaper  to me yesterday to put on her baby. Where does she get this stuff?? Hopefully her motherly nature will transfer to Madeline.

As you can see, most of Madeline's things are passed down from Ellery's room. However, the wooden bookshelf/cabinet and some of the wall decorations are new. I have to make sure that she has some new things for when she looks back in 10 years and asks me why she was a hand me down child! And when she asks I will teach her the value of saving money :)






No comments: