GIRL!
We found out yesterday that Bitty #2 is a GIRL! I have to admit, Geoff and I were both surprised! We both thought it was possible that it could be a boy since I had been slightly sicker during the first trimester during this pregnancy as compared to Ellery's pregnancy. But we could not be more excited! How fun to have two girls so close in age! They could be best friends, or competitive enemies. Only time will tell ;) We are extremely prepared for another girl with our 5 plastic bins (so far) full of clothes with appropriate sizes for each season.
This experience was completely different than the first gender reveal sonogram. With my first pregnancy with Ellery, I was completely consumed with it. It is all I thought about. I was counting down the days until the sonogram. We had names picked out well before 20 weeks. For this pregnancy, I am so busy with Ellery that I sometimes forget that I am pregnant! I only had time to get excited for the sonogram while sitting in the waiting room. And we have no name yet. But we we do love you, Bitty #2! Baby girl #2!
We have been going to a lot of doctors recently trying to figure out why Ellery sometimes does not want to walk. All doctors that have seen her (and there have been MANY) suspect transient synovitis which is inflammation of the hip joint and could come and go for up to six months. Some days she wants to run around, some days she doesn't. We still have several appointments to try and pin point a reason, or verify the transient synovitis, but the best news is that she will be ok. The stress has been killing me and Geoff (although he has remained strong and positive the entire time. I am so thankful for him.) which is probably the main reason why I haven't had time to focus on this pregnancy lately. I blinked and we are at 20.5 weeks!
I had to leave Ellery at the hospital with my mom, Corliss and Ally to meet Geoff at Dr. Gautreau's office for the sonogram. We are so lucky to have such an amazing support system!! Dr. Gautreau and her whole staff were entirely supportive and understanding. We were in and out in 30 minutes. I never ask for special treatment when it comes to appointments but this was clearly an exception! Baby girl would not open her legs! After much convincing with poking and jiggling, we were able to see that she was a girl! I immediately asked Geoff if he was disappointed and he said "No way I love my girls!" He later admitted at dinner that he was so nervous to find out and that he still wants to try for a boy. To which I said "one pregnancy at a time, Geoff!" Baby girl was facing my back and would not let us see her face. We got one profile shot which I will share as soon as I can. Her heart rate was 148. I can't remember her weight but I think it was somewhere around 11 ounces. She has all 4 limbs and her heart and brain look perfect! Dr. Gautreau said "baby looks great, now go back to Ellery." She is seriously the best ob/gyn ever. Her son actually had transient synovitis when he was younger so we were able to compare notes before I left. He healed and is a perfectly healthy boy.
I bought some pinks socks in the gift store downstairs, had them wrapped in a bag and brought them back to the hospital for my mom and Corliss to open. It was very last minute but I think it was a cute way to tell them!
We later posted a picture of Ellery holding a pink balloon on Facebook saying "Geoff is about to be outnumbered by 3. Baby M is a girl! Ellery can't wait to show her little sister all she knows."
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment