We are excited to announce that Bitty Boo #2 is on his/her way! We found out on September 14th. We had just returned home from church and the chinese buffet at Hunan's. I was a week late already and we planned to wait to take the test but I was too anxious! Of course for good luck I used First Response, which is the same brand that I used when I found out with Ellery. I stared at the test waiting for that second line to show. I had a gut feeling that it would. Once the test was positive I made a little sign that said "Big Sister" and told Ellery to bring it to daddy. Geoff just kept saying "No way!" with a big smile on his face. I immediately went to the office to see how we could arrange the new nursery. Always thinking ahead.
It is always hard to "hide" the pregnancy. First of all, everyone is expecting baby #2. When my mom found out Kate Middleton was pregnant again, she sent me a text that said "Kate is pregnant! You and Geoff had better get busy!" There is also the fact that I am not getting any younger and if we want more kids we had better make it happen sooner rather than later! For many reasons, baby #2 probably won't be as much of a surprise as baby #1.
The big challenge was Kelsey and Jeff's Engagement Party on September 20. I had to not act exhausted or moody (which I really am both this pregnancy). I had to avoid picking up heavy things while decorating. I had to make decaf coffee in the Keurig while no one was paying attention. And most importantly, I had to drink O'Douls and not act alarmingly sober as everyone had Casa Margarita's and Fireball shots. Geoff kept the beer in the car and kept going to fill my cup up. Teamwork!
I'm not sure I ended up hiding it so well though. My cousin Haley caught me instinctively rubbing my belly and gave my huge bug eyes. Kelsey's friend Grace asked me if I was pregnant. And apparently Kelsey told her friends that she knew I was pregnant and was expecting an announcement on Sunday. She did not get that announcement as I had not been to the doctor yet!
Our first doctor's appointment was Thursday, October 2. We had missed Dr. Gautreau! I felt like a pro walking into the doctor's office, talking to the insurance coordinator and prepping for the sonogram. I kept thinking about how nervous we were with Ellery. The unknown is always nerve wracking! The second time around was much easier than the first. We found out I was only 6 weeks and 4 days along, which is a week earlier than I had thought. Bitty Boo #2's due date is May 24, 2015! His/her heartbeat was at 118 which they say is strong. Geoff could distinguish between the head and the bottom on the sonogram but it just looked like a blob to me!
6 Weeks 4 Days
We are already throwing around names and of course we agree on none. I am the most excited about Ellery getting a sibling! I dream of the day when Bitty Boo #2 is born and Ellery comes to meet him/her in the hospital. Hopefully she does not scream and try to shove the baby out of my arms so she can sit in my lap like she does now when I'm holding another baby.
Meat is really grossing me out and I barely have an appetite but for the random cravings for chocolate pudding pie, apple pie and Coca Cola. I'm nauseous throughout the day but not enough to loose it. Let's hope that goes away soon!
Meat is really grossing me out and I barely have an appetite but for the random cravings for chocolate pudding pie, apple pie and Coca Cola. I'm nauseous throughout the day but not enough to loose it. Let's hope that goes away soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment