Friday, May 17, 2013

33 Weeks and Kelsey's Graduation

We had our 33 week check up today! Corliss and Ally are in town for my baby shower (it is tomorrow!) so they were able to come and meet Dr. Gautreau and hear Ellery's heartbeat which was at 155. Baby Ellery is measuring on the smaller side...my fundal height is at 31.5 centimeters. Since she is smaller, we get to have another ultrasound in 2 weeks where they will actually meausure her instead of my stomach! Dr. Gautreau said this is common and not to worry. You can read here for more information on measuring small for your due date. I will try not to worry, and I'm sure everything is ok with her, but I tend to worry...a lot.

The big news of the appointent was that I gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks!!! I was shocked. The nurse brought me into the room where she takes my blood pressure and weighs me. Corliss and Ally were in the waiting room and said they could hear me say "I've gained 6 pounds?!" I guess I should have toned down my reaction. Dr. Gautreau didn't seem too concerned. She said that she expects me to even out by the next appointment, but to go easy on the carbs and sugar. That is easier said than done! I had at least half a loaf of bread and butter at Kelsey's graduation dinner last night. I will cut back, after the shower of course. I can't pass up the cake.

Kelsey graduated from LSU with a Bachelor's of Science in Early Childhood Education last night! We couldn't be more proud and excited for her! She is currently applying for teacher positions. Of course we want her to score a teaching job, but if she doesn't she has a job lined up as Ellery's nanny! Especially because we just found out that Ellery didn't get into the Parkview infant program that we really wanted :( However, we believe that she will end up at the school where she belongs!


No comments: