Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Daycare Search

We are in the middle of the daycare search. So far we have toured:
  • Parkview Baptist Preschool (waiting list)
  • Womans Hospital Child Development Center (waiting list)
  • Broadmoor Baptist Early Learning Center
  • Southside Child Development Center
  • Baton Rouge International Preschool (waiting list)
  • Kids Count (waiting list)
I cried on the first tour of Parkview. I'm going to blame that ridiculous reaction on hormones. Geoff cried when I told him the weekly cost. His reaction is valid.

I think it's hilarious when the director asks how old my child is and I say "0" as I point at my belly. But I hear that some people who are trying to have a baby get on daycare waiting lists before conception. That is so aggressive! But then again I get it. The idea of being on a waiting list and not knowing for months if you have somewhere for your child to stay when you go back to work is stressful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Get ready....it is only the beginning! Now until the rest of your life! :) Seriously, I know it's stressful trying to find a place that you know will give Ellery the best possible care and attention. I'm praying an opening will come up where Ellery is meant to be, where she will be receive the best care there is!
Love, Mom

Sara Morthland said...

Thank you Mom! Love you!