We told the Guidry’s this weekend! I was a reader in Kelly Nicholson and Butch Ferdinandsen’s wedding on November 17, so we were in Lake Charles for the weekend. Geoff had to work late so he was not at the dinner rehearsal on Friday night. I went alone and it took all I had not to tell any of my friends. I actually ended up telling Mary Anne (Theriot) Filo. She just had her 3rd little girl Molly a week ago so I knew she would be excited for me. Fake drinking is so exhausting, but no one suspected anything (at least I think so).
The following morning, my parents went to look at new cars for my Mom (Mom actually brought home her GMC Acadia). I asked them to be home by lunchtime (so we could make the announcement), which apparently made them suspicious. Geoff and I went to the mall to kill some time and wait for Anna to get back from her friend’s birthday party and for Kelsey to get home from a wedding she went to on Friday night. When we were all back at the house, I brought Norman upstairs to put his “big brother” t-shirt on. He ran down stairs and Geoff said “everyone look at Norman’s new shirt!” Everyone was so excited, but not very surprised because by then they suspected something was up. Apparently I’m not very sly :) Anna said when I took her to the LSU/Miss State game I said a few things that made her suspect. My mom just kept saying “oh my gosh!” My dad really didn’t say much. He was busy eating a whole chicken (don’t ask). But he did get up to hug me. Kelsey got a lot of it on video which I’m very thankful for.
Its amazing that once you are actually pregnant, everyone starts to ask “when are you having a baby?” or “when are y'all going to start trying?” and even straight up “are you pregnant?” Natalie Pizzolato asked me if I was pregnant and I couldn’t lie! I just said we weren’t telling people yet. I also ended up telling Rosie Norman Pryor and Adrienne Tadlock Stutes. Everyone went to Linda’s Lounge after the wedding. It was extremely smokey and I got super nervous about being in there. Rosie asked me what was wrong and I told her. She said she had a feeling that I was! Geoff and I snuck out because I didn’t want to have to explain to people why we were leaving. Adrienne text me and was upset that I had left, so I told her that I just couldn't be in the smoky bar and she would know why very soon!
Click below to see the Guidry’s reactions!


No comments:
Post a Comment